LIST OF REGULAR CUSTOMERS
Blog Answers Text Key
1. Kira is not allowed to get into political or ideological debates with customers
3. Anything special that Julian makes for Mr. Garak comes out of his own paycheck. (Food is not free, people!)
4. Worf is NEVER allowed to choose the music
. No practical jokes during working hours (Jadzia, this means you)
6. PLEASE DON’T HIT THE CUSTOMERS (if you’re being harassed, call security or the police. If you use the kitchenware to hit someone, you are responsible for cleaning it afterwards.)
7. Psychoanalyzing the customers is strictly forbidden (Ezri, if you have to do it, please do it silently
9. 2-hour long breaks are not acceptable, no matter how interesting the literary discussion was.
10. THIS IS RESTAURANT NOT A DATING SERVICE, DAMNIT.
11. Under no circumstances are any drinks from Quark’s permitted.
12. Baking a pizza at 400 degrees for twenty minutes is NOT the same as baking it at 800 degrees for ten minutes.
13. It doesn’t matter who did it or how many times it’s happened, putting gum under the tables is not a liable reason to lock customers in the freezer. (WORF THAT MEANS YOU)
14. Please don’t put any kind of cardboard near the ovens. O’Brien has enough work on his hands.
15. NO ONE is allowed to keep personal effects in the storage room
17. Don’t let Kira near the ovens.
18. NO THROWING DISHES. Broken cups, plates, or other dishware come out of the offender’s paycheck.
19. Don’t let Mr. Quark leave without checking his pockets. Strip search him if you have to.
20. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is the Delivery Car to be used for anything but delivering pizza.
21. Significant others to the employees of this establishment are welcome, of course. As long as they actually buy something every once in a while.
22. NOBODY MENTIONS BASEBALL SCORES UNTIL YOU KNOW WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY THAT I HAVE WATCHED THE GAME!
23. ALL paying costumers are welcome!.
24. This includes biker gangs (No, you cannot report the Jem’Hadar just for being “scary”!), rival Pizzaria employees (as much as it pains me), cosplayers (I don’t care what they told you their antennae are for!), lonely older people (no matter how “creepy” they may or may not be), Etc.
25. Illicit encounters are not to take place in closets, bathrooms, stock rooms, under counters or anywhere on the premises,
Title: The Summer Sun in Winter
Fandom: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Rating & Warnings: PG (references to alcohol, sex)
Words: This part 2686, ?? overall
Disclaimer: I don’t own Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Summary: Julian has spent the last six months working as a doctor at a hospital in Andor. Now he’s home for the holidays, to the joy of all of his friends—but especially Garak. This chapter: adventures with airports.
Author’s Notes: So this accidentally turned into the equivalent of a Nano project for me. And, like a Nano project, this isn’t nearly as polished as I’d really like it to be. However, Christmas doesn’t wait for perfectionists. Alas.
This is pure, unadulterated slice-of-life fluff from start to finish, by the way. Anybody looking for action or angst or complexity should probably look elsewhere. Anyone who wants to feel warm and cosy, though, make yourself at home!
I borrowed a little bit more from tinsnip and Lady Yate-xel's discussions than usual, so I suppose you could say this AU is ever-so-slightly AU—at least where my version of it is concerned, anyway.
On a serious note, this fic is dedicated to anyone for whom Christmas is not a time of good cheer. I wrote this as a way of showing what I think Christmas should be, not necessarily what it is. If you’re going to have a difficult holiday season, then I hope reading about Julian and Elim having a good one will be able to give you something of an escape, even for a little while.
That’s all. I hope everyone enjoys as I post this over the next few weeks. ♥
I was watching DS9 this evening, and I had an idea for a Deep Dish Nine version of “You Are Cordially Invited”..
Like maybe Worf is from a big, prominent military family; instead of performing ceremonies and reciting family history, Jadzia has to do things like hosting a big dinner party by herself (“How dare you serve fish?? Don’t you know General so-and-so is allergic?!”)
And maybe Kal’Hyah is a hiking trip that Worf takes Julian and O’Brien and Alexander on, but it turns out he has a very different idea of ‘roughing it’: sleeping on the ground, no tents, living off the land, free-climbing on sheer cliffs, 15-mile-a-day hikes, etc. Worf has a great time. He’s the only one.
I don’t really like Klingon episodes, but this one is fun…
Anonymous asked: I really enjoy Deep Dish Nine, but haven't been able to find any explicit works since discovering it a few weeks ago. Do you think there's a chance we'll see some in the future?
[I have no idea! Tinsnip and Ladyyatexel seem to be the two big writers and I haven’t been able to keep up with their work enough lately. But, perhaps!]
I was feeling kind of down this evening, so I decided to scroll through the Deep Dish Nine archives. It isn't the first time I've done this. And I didn't even click on any of the posts this time, but you know what? Just scrolling through and seeing all the artwork and all the first lines of posts and all the sheer love and joy that's been put into this AU for almost a year now has brightened my night a hundredfold. In a weird way it feels like coming home, though I've only been living in this AU for the better part of a month. Does anyone else just feel so blissfully happy living in this little world?